Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Night.

Felt physically fine all weekend, so again it would appear that the first week's troubles, if indeed they were being caused by anything besides simply starting chemotherapy, were most likely related to the zolendric acid.

Went out to dinner with friends last night which was great -- we went to Izakaya Den, one of my favorite restaurants in town and where I don't think we've been since before Ariana was born.  Going out and socializing, even though we talked quite a bit about my status, helped me feel more "normal."  It's just too easy to feel like you're living in isolation staying home, or just doing things family-only.  I miss that balance I had, miss the activities like being a Dive Guide at the Aquarium that used to get me out and about more.

Emotionally it's been a little hard this weekend -- while I've kind of settled into things my wife is having a rough weekend and it's been tough to battle through it -- this is just one of the fucked up parts of this whole deal I guess.  We're all human and have to deal with this in our own ways, and it's difficult, especially when you need lower stress and positivity around you, to not get it from people.  And you can't be upset about it because they are going through just as hard a time as you are, even if they don't have cancer themselves.  Frustrating, for sure.

I've had an old friend, one of the friends I went to dinner with last night and a neighbor all tell me positive stories about people they know with multiple myeloma in the last few days, and surviving it.  I want to believe, and I kind of do, I think?  It's just hard to see right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment