Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday.

Well some resolution today ... for the past several weeks I've been dealing with trying to get my stem cell transplant consult set up in Arizona at the Mayo Clinic.  I was supposed to be seeing a certain doctor that was a recommended colleague of Dr. M's from the Rochester Mayo Clinic, but with her leaving the MC things got left undone.  A few weeks ago I was still trying to set this up and found out I finally had an appointment but it was with someone doing their fellowship, that they were treating it like an initial consult (which cost $6,000 in Rochester, so yeah, um "no"), etc.

Anyhow, I have been stressing out about this for several weeks now, trying to get people on the phone and coordinated, etc.  I am supposed to have the transplant after 4 cycles (months) of chemotherapy, and with the 2nd cycle ending last week and them needing about 6 weeks to set up a transplant (giving me a 2 week window) I had to get this all worked out.  So I FINALLY got this settled this morning and now have an appointment with the doctor I was originally supposed to be seeing.  Amen.

Not that I'm all fired up to get a stem cell transplant, but at least now I'm seeing the intended doctor and I have one less thing to check off the to-do list.

Mentally and emotionally things have been weird lately.  I think the LexaPro has definitely helped, so that's good.  Ditto the therapy.  It's still hard to shake this "fuck me, I have cancer" thought though, and the chemotherapy taking slightly longer to rebound from each week isn't helping.

Hoping for good numbers this week -- not sure what the implications are if they aren't, and I had a nightmare about that this morning.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment