Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween.

Or it would be, but on the way home from the colonoscopy yesterday I started getting sick.  Seems like just my daughter's cold so far -- fever is 98 and I'm not feeling too too terrible, so that's good.  I never liked being sick but with my blood counts all fubar'ed it's apparently somewhat dangerous now, so there's some anxiety there.  Took the day off, put the Xbox in the bedroom and just trying to recline as much as possible and drink OJ.

Figured out the hard way (or easy way, really) last night that mixing a Xanax with NyQuil is a great way to (a) sleep like a zombie and (b) snore so badly your wife leaves the bedroom.  Which I feel bad about because apparently the cats kept her up all night and now she's the walking dead.  Sigh.

I woke up during the colonoscopy yesterday.  I didn't realize it until we were halfway home and I started getting my memory back, and was thinking "man I had some weird dreams during that frigging thing."  Turns out after reading the paperwork that I did in fact wake up during it.  That must have been awkward.

On the bright side they didn't find anything bad in there.  Didn't think they would but the way medical news and I have been doing lately I'm almost surprised they didn't find something to hasten my demise a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment