Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sigh.

Sitting in the waiting room at the hospital to get my catheter line stuck in my neck. Already had labs done and my daily Neupogen shot ... Had to double-up the Oxy last night just to get to sleep.  The pain is lower back and hips this morning -- walking and feeling like an old man.

I know I made the right decisions about having Amy and Ariana here, but having to go to appointments like this next one without Amy's hand to hold is kind of tough on the soul.  I don't want Ari around here though and she can't go to a lot of these anyhow.  Amy found an indoor play place for her this morning and while I'm lonely, it makes me happy to know she's going to be somewhere giggling instead of in a waiting room.

And I may be able to parlay this into an In-N-Out stop on the way home.

Talked to my mother yesterday ... I didn't even get into it here but my parents were in a head-on 50 mph collision on 285 several days ago when a propane truck heading the opposite direction decided to turn right in front of them and then even more inexplicably stopped.  My dad fucked up his back but mom fractured both legs and will be hospitalized for quite a while.  Her surgery went well thankfully, but they've definitely got her on the good stuff drug wise.

4 comments:

  1. This too shall pass ... and it's a hellish ride in the meantime. ... eager to see you all back this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget the secret menu this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animal style double-double, extra crispy fries and a black and white shake, check!

      Delete